Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Boys

In the past year I've learned that it takes about a month for me to adjust to a new schedule or change in our life.  And that has been true for bringing this sweet little man home.  He'll be six weeks on Monday and it's only been in the past week that I've really ventured out with my boys.   

We were actually out five days by ourselves.  For a homebody like me, that's impressive! 

Walker loves his little brother.  He's a big help, always sharing his toys and giving kisses.  We found out what we were having this time and although I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do that, I was so excited to learn we'd have two boys close in age.  One to throw and one to catch as my Aunt Sandy has put it. 

My hope is that they become and remain good friends.  There's nothing like that sibling bond.  

3 comments:

Heidi Lassila said...

We felt the same way when we found out Isaac was a boy, especially when they're already 2 1/2 years apart.
I love that saying from Auntie Sandy!

Leanne said...

I love this. You know what? I almost posted on facebook tonight how much I love my boys close in age like they are. They're five and seven now and after dinner, they went outside and played in the driveway for about an hour. They set stuff up in a row and then rolled a ball down the driveway to knock it over. They ran around and laughed. Then they came in to take a bath and they shut the curtain so they could use their bathtub basketball hoop and the ball wouldn't go rolling out the door. They fight, those two, but they also play great together. The older they get, the more apparent it becomes that's they're growing up as brothers and as friends.

I'm thrilled for you.

Also, I know it takes me about six weeks to find my rhythm after a new baby too...sounds like you're right on track. Thanks for sharing the new photos!

Karen said...

I think Conner looks like his Uncle Greg in the first picture.