Thursday, April 19, 2012

I See Myself in You


Two nights ago, as we completed our bedtime routine of reading one story before shutting off the light and rocking for a little while, you told me that you were going to hold on to your Archie comic.    I love reading too and am often not ready to put down a good book.  But that is not what made me see myself in you...  No, that came about ten minutes later as you insisted you had to go to the potty again.

We got off the rocking chair and I followed you out of the room and around the corner into the bathroom. 

Followed you as you held that Archie comic open, in front of your face, and watched you "read" it as you walked.

I distinctly remember doing the same thing as I cleaned dishes off the table many, many times.



Of all the things I could pass on to you, a love of reading is one I'm absolutely going to encourage.  Read on dear son, read on.


But remember, the book will still be there after you complete your current task.  It's okay (and I'd actually recommend this) to look up once in awhile.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I remember you clearing the table with your nose in a book.

MindiJo said...

Oh, yay! You are blogging again. I love that. I'm glad you mentioned it on my blog or it would have taken me a while to realize. I love this post. Reading is fabulous. My kids stick their noses in books quite often. I love him walking and reading. Super cute.