Wednesday, September 21, 2011

All Domestic Like

I've been baking and canning lately.  I told Aaron that I have been feeling like I'm in a rut with cooking so my goal is to try one new recipe a week. 

I've baked/cooked three new recipes this week.  I tried PW's Cowboy Calazone's on Monday.  (Pretty good, but missing something...  Not sure just what.  I would have put even more cheese than the extra I already put in there also.) 
I just pulled her cinnamon rolls out of the oven.
And I have a new bread going in my bread machine.  (That's mostly because we're out of bread and I don't want to run to the store today.)  Hopefully it's good!

I canned relish- green tomato relish from the "T" cookbook yesterday.

I canned some of our apples a couple weeks ago.  It takes a lot of apples and a lot of work for that.  I don't think I'll be doing that with my apple tree apples again.  They are too soft. 
But I also made homemade applesauce, not quite as much work and it feels good that we are using some of what's in our yard!

What are your favorite recipes?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I make relish today. Tomorrow I plan to make canned apple pie. I always use the Cortland which are quite firm. If I wait too long & they are soft, I make applesauce instead.

Jodi said...

Katie i am SOO excited for you guys to be coming down tomorrow! Where are you staying? I love moms homemade applesause!

Leanne said...

I'm going to try PW's cajun pasta next week...it looks amazing!