Monday, August 15, 2011

Moments

Sometimes you can close your eyes and be back in the moments that have changed your life. 
Some of these moments are hard, some are happy.  I was going to write about both in this post, but the hard ones didn't seem to have a place here.  So here are some of my favorite happy moments that changed me.

Watching Aaron's face as I told him- I'm thinking that I love you.  And seeing his eyes shine and his smile start as he responded, I love you too.  Feeling the smile on face- and the feeling of being so blessed to have that.  To have that one person that you know is it for you, and the wonder that he feels the same way.

Watching the man of my dreams get down on one knee outside his truck.  I can see the stars shining, feel the cold vibrating through me and the joy...  the joy :)

Watching the minister sweat through our wedding ceremony.  Trying to wipe my nose without being obvious about it.  Getting choked up in the middle of repeating my vows.  Walking back down the aisle with my husband.  Getting a hug and a kiss from her son in the receiving line.

Making it through the labor and delivery process and seeing my baby boy for the first time.  That tiny child that belonged to me.  Seeing my husband's tears through my own and feeling that overwhelming love.  I told people afterwards that you know you will love your child before they are born, but what you don't realize is that when this little person arrives you instantly will lay your life down for them. 

I've been thinking about that last one a lot lately.  We are going to be able to experience another moment like that in February when Walker becomes a big brother.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Adorable Post.. And congratulations again to both of you! I love you and Miss you!

Karen said...

I love your post. I also love the look of the printing but I must admit it is hard for my 'old' eyes to read.

Megan said...

:)

Michelle F said...

i like happy posts:) see you in a couple weeks:)

Amanda Kay said...

Congrats again! Babies are truely amazing!

Cami said...

Congratulations Katie! :) That's so exciting...so happy for you guys that Walker will have a sibling. :)