Saturday, August 27, 2011

16 Months

Everyday is a new adventure over here. 

-He now can reach over the tops of the counters and frequently does.
-Words: hi! (said many times a day), mom, dad, play, ball, phone (sounds very similar to ball), catch it, throw it, all done, buh-bye, 'side, cracker, no (doe)
-He nods his head instead of saying yes. 
-Everything he says lately ends in "play?"
-When we go outside he does one of three things- heads for one of our cars to climb inside, goes towards any dirt patch to play, or heads towards the tractor.
-He's not shy but takes a little bit to warm up sometimes.
-He loves to play "I'm gonna get you" and runs to either the couch giggling away, or to the stairs to stop on the bottom step.
-He's climbing on everything
-He's trying to walk up the steps instead of crawling up.  He'll wait for me, then put his hands up so I can hold them while he walks up
-He runs to the door and cries everytime Aaron leaves
-He's copying everything we do
-I took out my camera yesterday, and he made this cheese face- that was the first time he's ever done that
-Loves to play catch, I'm trying to teach him that he shouldn't throw all his toys, only balls.  It's not going too well.
-He loves to play his piano, and "conduct"
-He's very good at playing by himself as long as I'm within view
-Anytime he wants something he'll say "uhh-uhh".  I'm working on getting him to say "help"
-He sleeps with his teddybear.  Two nights ago I walked in his room to check on him and he was sitting up in bed and asked me his version of "where is it?", he was looking for his teddy.
-He's stingy with hugs and kisses but occasionally will give them without prompting
-He loves fruit.
-He usually sleeps from about 7:30-7:30.  He takes one nap a day, usually in the morning.  I'm trying to change that to the afternoon

He's just a joy and we love him more everyday.  This stage is so much fun.

1 comment:

Cari said...

So fun to see pictures and have updates- I miss my lil buddy! Give him a big hug and kiss from auntie cari :)