Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Healthy Eating

As Walker eats more and more table food I am realizing how little I actually understand what constitutes a healthy meal. 
I know the basics- the more color, the better- veggies, fruits etc.  But I don't really know how else to go about devising meals. 
I want for all of us in my household to eat a healthier diet.  (And I know I'm doing alright with Walker, but not so much with myself.)  I'm determined to lose the last of the baby weight by his first birthday.

So, I'm asking you guys- where can you direct me to help me learn more.  Meal ideas, nutrition info etc.  I've tried looking but I just get a little bit overwhelmed.  I know some of you have ideas for me!

2 comments:

Heidi Lassila said...

Eating healthier can be overwhelmining! Take baby steps and you will get there! My advice: eat whole foods as much as possible. Fruit, veggies, grains, meat, dairy, etc. Cutting processed foods is one {big} baby step in the right direction!

Michelle F said...

exactly what Heidi said...ask yourself how far the food has come from its natural state...the closer the better...example, apple: straight from the tree, cheeto: what is it?! man-made, don't eat it:)
Try to eliminate canned and boxed foods and you'll be well on your way!