Saturday, September 8, 2012

Are you Two or a 13-year Old Girl?

I'm starting to believe that my two-year old could give a teenage girl a run for her money with his constant mood swings and melt-downs.  He changes his mind faster than I can keep up.

I'll give you an example: when I was trying to get Walker to take a nap today- he had to have covers; then before they settled was in full on hysterics "NO!!!  I DON'T WANT COVERS!!"

As I clutched at the air, trying to take the offending covers away before they hit his little body it was back to "I WAN' 'EM MOM!"

And, on to repeat with the night light, and the animals he keeps by his side when sleeping, and so on and so forth...

Repeat this for awhile, then disappear downstairs with a warning to stay in bed and listening to the footsteps warning me that the little man is making his way to the stair top.  Hear that sweet little voice telling me, I wanna sleep right here, mom.  Tell him- go ahead, and be met with hysterics again.  Tack on, then sleep in your bed and it's more hysterics.

Repeat again.

And again, cause ignoring him doesn't work.  He just comes down "painting" with the lint brush and a cup of water telling me that "I AWAKE mom!" 

Tell me, are teenage girls easier?  Can you at least reason with them?  Do they make it to the bathroom on time- we are on our third outfit of the day as Walker first decided to welcome my new (steal of a deal garage sale pick-up) rug by dropping his pants and peeing all over it, and then decided that peeing while "painting" was a fun pastime also. 






We nixed nap time today.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Surprised you had time to blog & do words with friends!
This too shall pass. Be thankful Conner still cooperates. Wait till your trying to get both to nap toggether. Mom

MindiJo said...

Oh, those two year olds can be *so* hard to deal with. Can't they? They are trying to exert their independence and constantly testing boundaries. I get it. Kaija will be 3 in January. I hope that teenage girls aren't this difficult. I have four girls. Ack! Some day you will forget exactly how difficult this stage was. Weird to think that now. Good luck in the mean time, momma. And ((hugs)).