Friday, May 11, 2012

Bold

There were a few things that said bold to me today:
A turtle crossing a busy road
My son going down a slide by himself
The same son sneaking bites of brownies.
Twice.

But I didn't get pictures of any of those.  And as I sat thinking about what to use for this challenge, it inspired me.  I have been redecorating my house.  Kelli was giving me all kinds of ideas on how to use the space I have and it motivated me to make this house mine. 
I am making a reading nook in my upstairs hallway and I had picked up this chair at a garage sale last weekend. 
 It needs to be painted and then it will go into my reading area for Walker (and someday soon, Conner).  I have been debating what color to paint it but thinking about the word bold made me decide to go for it.
Here it is with the start of one coat.  This, for me, is bold:



3 comments:

Gram said...

Awesome! It takes courage to do bold. Why is that? I can almost picture your little reading nook. Great idea.

MindiJo said...

Oooh! I love the splash of color. It is bold.

Kelli said...

I LOVE it!! I can't wait to see what you've decided to do!!