Monday, May 9, 2011

Moms RUN this Town

I've been reading about this group for a little while now, and they are inspiring me to get back into my running shoes. 

I'm not a fast runner.  I'm not a competitive runner.  I completed a marathon 4 years ago (4 YEARS, wow!) and my only goal was to complete the entire 26.2 miles.  I did a run/walk method, with more walking then running at the end.  I have no desire at this point to run another marathon.  I would like to do a half.  I run for fitness, I run for myself.  I'm determined to get back into running.

And to help me do this I have signed up to be a leader of a local chapter of Moms RUN this town.  I'll have more details coming, but if any locals are interested in joining, let me know.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like a good way to get back into running.

Kelli said...

I wish we lived in the same town because I would join. I have started running again and I love it!

Pam Burrus said...

Hey Katie - just so you know - you won the bondi band giveaway forever ago ;) We mentioned your name on facebook but never heard from you and I just got too busy to follow up. Finally getting things organized for our Virtual 5k race series and saw your bondi bands so figured I better send them out ;) Email me your address to info@momsrunthistown.com and I'll get them out this week!
Pam